2011 has now been going for 6 days, going on 7. As a college student, January first doesn’t really mean that much. Now I have to write a different year on my checks and stuff, but for me the year starts back in August and goes ’til April. It’s a short year, but it sure feels LONG.
I’ve rambled. I’m excited for 2011! I think it’s going to be awesome. Breath-taking. Beautiful. Exciting. Wonderful. Fantastic. Incredible. Grand. Lovely. Delightful. Adventure-ful. Happy. Remarkable. Memorable. Surprising. Magnificent.
Here is why:
1. 2011 has the date 11/11/11. I love making wishes at 11:11, so the anticipation of this day is almost too much for me to handle. MEGAWISH DAY! (And, if you say that fast, it kind of sounds like make-a-wish-day!)
2. This semester, I have all classes for my major and minor. Which I think I will love. One of them is an Intro to Children’s publishing. In class we watched this video. How could you not love a class that shows that wonderful picture book? As my professor said, “Welcome to the world of Print Publishing!”
3. At the end of 2011, I will only have 1 semester left of college. Exciting? Yes. Terrifying? Also, yes.
4. I get to live in Provo this summer! While it’s not quite London, it still
could be is pretty exciting!
5. A ton, ton, TON of my friends get home from their missions–yay for that!
6. There’s bound to be some historic event that happens this year. I mean, every year’s got something, right?
7. Harry Potter 7 part 2. Enough said.
8. Probably some people I know will get married. Probably some other ones of those people will have babies. Those will probably not be the same people. Weird. Weird. Weird.
9. Roadtrip to Canada? Maybe. Roadtrip to LA? Also maybe.
10. Maybe, just maybe, this will be the year that I actually keep my new year’s resolutions. Maybe. I only made 2. But one of them is really, really, really, really hard. 🙂
11. It’s 2011! The world ends next year (supposedly)! Live it up, right?
Doesn’t 2011 sound even better 6 days into it?