Don’t be thinking I’m all morbid just because I suggest that people won’t grow up. That’s not even what I am referring to. Some people, like Peter Pan, choose not to grow up.
Every day, I think this plan sounds better and better. First of all, who doesn’t want to eat kid food forever? I am pretty much always up for kool-aid, animal crackers, string cheese, fruit snacks, juice boxes, and anything dinosaur shaped. And together,that may just make up a pretty fantastic meal. Yes?
Second, kids have the best books. Who wants to read Twilight when you could read Green Eggs and Ham? And Tiki Tiki Tembo is one of the greatest things ever. Not to mention about 50 gazillion other books I grew up reading. And still love to this day.
And that, right there, brings me to the real point of this post. I have another confession. I want to be Anne Shirley when I grow up.
Is that weird?
I think definitely not.
Let’s make a list of why that is an awesome idea:
1. Anne Shirley is the best.
2. She is nice. And smart. And funny.
3. She is poetic. Maybe even a poem.
4. She believes in kindred spirits.
5. She’s Canadian.
6. She marries Gilbert. Who doesn’t want that?
7. She loves pretty nature.
8. She is Anne.
9. She says super deep things that sound ridiculous because she’s saying them, but wonderful because she is saying them at the same time. How is that even possible?
10. She wants to write. ( I love that currently!)
Let’s talk about the downsides for one second:
1. She is fictional.
I think that’s it. Pros: 10. Cons: 1. That was easy.
It’s official. I’m now aspiring to be Anne Shirley if I grow up. Doesn’t that sound like a lovely plan? Who/What do you want to be if you grow up?